1990 Grady White 228g rot?

Jacktrop99

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I do not fully know if my boat has rot or not. The other day after it was on a dry stack an open one keep in mind it was below one boat that was on top of it. I do not have a full boat cover only a cockpit cover but I’m getting a full cover very soon. The thing that is very weird is that there was a bucket on the boat and it was filled to the top with water from rains seems crazy to be that full but we took the boat out no problems. Another thing is that it appears to be sitting a little low in the front and there are some water stains on the floor I’m not surprised but on the back left seat there is a big water stain back there and Ik I had the boat almost spotless before I put it up. So I am thinking there could be water in the front and that’s why it looks lower in the water. One thing is that the rear cup holders are not there they where broken before and just left it so there are holes there but I sometimes plug them for rain but that time I didn’t, could that have cause water to get in there and what could I do to check for rot and what not because if there is any I don’t want to put any more money into the boat. O yeah and one last thing is this boat is a v1 hull and it has a 03 4stroke 200 on it and it seems to sit very low at idle no problems when moving 4mph the water is about 2 inches below the motor seals and that’s it weird spray off the back side but I’m not going to get into that.

Fishtales

Reaction score
you are going to have to do some more investigating. pics will help as well.

Jacktrop99

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
you are going to have to do some more investigating. pics will help as well.
I can’t get any till next week but it rained a bit and there was a little mold on the deck for some reason I did a hammer test and I could only do the top half of the transom cause the boat was in the water but it all sounded great and bounced