1990 Marlin Complete Rehab Complete

typhoon411

Reaction score
All,

It's been awhile since I've been on the site, last October I finally, after 4 years or work on the Grady, put her in the water. Of course since the boat had sat on land for a total of 7 years there were all kinds of motor issues VST, low pressure pumps, power pack, plugs, water pumps, corroded wires, etc etc.. I've been working on getting her sea worthy for offshore trips...

I wanted to share all of the pictures that I took over the years. I consolidated all of the pictures on a facebook page here:
http://facebook.com/FVIrishRover

I'm happy to answer any questions about the rehab as this was (and continues to be) a true labor of love (ugh! :) Thank you for all the advice over the years. If anyone is in the cape may area and wants to get together for a beer and talk boats I'm down at South Jersey Marina most weekends.

Cheers,
Joe Magee

mjmwelder

Reaction score
I live in cape May and have my boat at cape may marina would love to check out the work you did on the marlin

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Really excellent transition! That was a lot of labor of love for sure! She looks great! :D

A couple of questionsthoughts...

1. The In-line fuel filters look to be below deck. Isn't that going to be difficult to change out or monitor as these are normal maintenance items.....assuming that the deck will be screwed and sealed? Why this method over using remote water/fuel separators in transom area? I have had to go under the deck a couple of times and it is not that bad, but a time consumer for sure to unseal, clean and recaulk each time.
2. I really like the idea on the sink faucet. Allows you to pull it out and rinse the floor when it gets dirty. I wonder how that weight will work out over time in the seas. In my case, smaller boat will have more action and thinking that weight will be swinging and jerking on the hose and over time will cause it to pull and stress the hoses. I wonder if one could put a 4" PVC tube in there and it could just slide up and down inside the tube and limit this movement some. I have to think on that one some as I really would like the convenience of a pull out as such.