1991 grady white overnighter 204

dnice84

Reaction score
hello everyone I'm looking into buying a 1991 grady white overnighter 204 in very good condition just wondering if that is a good hull design just nervous about all i hear about the wooden stringers and transom any input would be really appreciated.

mboyatt

Reaction score
I think what you are going to find is that to be certain you will need to have the boat surveyed. The exception would be if you are willing to take the risk and if you don't spend much on the boat. I purchased a 1994 Grady and took the risk of no survey. I didn't spend that much on the boat, so I just went for it. That was 2 years ago and no issues. The deck has no soft spots, the top of the gas tank appears to be in good shape, bilge area looks good, the bolts that are through the transom holding the outboard are not pulling throug, etc.... But who knows, I could have issues and am oblivious to them. I guess what I am saying Is if you are shelling out some serious cash here, GET THE SURVEY. By the way, the overnighter is a great boat - even the early 90s model.

Bread

Reaction score
I have had a 1990 Overnighter 204C since 2009 and it has been a great family boat for me (fishing Tubing, Skiing). The boat rides really well, handles choppy water. The transom on mine is good. Deck is solid. I have a 4-stroke so my scuppers sit in the water. Planning to replace the 24 yr. old gas tank next season.