1991 Offshore

Dan T.

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I am looking to rebuild my original seats on my Grady. I am looking for the nylon or plastic spacer that goes between the post and the seat. and the u bolt that applies pressure to the post. I have attached pics to try to help.
Thanks in advance. and any suggestions are appreciated.]
Dan,
SW FL.

Attachments

• IMG-1534.jpg
    IMG-1534.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

transfib

Reaction score
I am looking to rebuild my original seats on my Grady. I am looking for the nylon or plastic spacer that goes between the post and the seat. and the u bolt that applies pressure to the post. I have attached pics to try to help.
Thanks in advance. and any suggestions are appreciated.]
Dan,
SW FL.
Dan,
I've got a 91 Offshore also and replaced them years ago.
If i remember correctly they are made by Todd. I just googled "boat seat pedestal plastic bushings" and there's a lot of choices. Just get the measurements and confirm that they will fit. I don't remember if i had to cut the length to mace them shorter. My boat's in winter storage otherwise I'd get some measurements.

seasick

Reaction score
I would be surprised if the nylon slide rail bushing weren't also shot. Finding those is a whole other story. If the slide bushings are shot, the seat will have a lot of wiggle mostly side to side. What I am trying poorly to explain is that if the slides are worn, new post bushings probably won't help a lot.
Honestly, if those bushings are shot and the other parts are corroded, worn, etc, you may be better off buying new mounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: PT G

gradywhite248

Reaction score
E-bay, I have bought a lot of great factory parts off there most dealers list there older stock.

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The nylon post cover is your standard 2-7/8" one that you can get from westmarine or other boat supply store. As for the u-bolt, I called Todd and they don't make it anymore, and unfortunately it's not a simple rounded u-bolt. My solution was to just use 2 bolts from the hardware store instead. A bit of a pain to put together and not adjustable on the fly but it works.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I ended up buying new adjustable pedestal mounts and slides. I wanted adjustability up and down and back and forth. I am very happy with my decision.