1992 Lee jr Outriggers on 28 Marlin

OnTheBeach

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I followed the threads on outriggers and could not find an answer- perhaps someone out there can help.

W'eve had a great summer on our 92 Marlin, and are learning the boat. I purchased it without the factory installed outrigger poles (the hard top mounts and empty tubes are there, though.). GW told me they are no longer available, and I did not see anything on the Lee website that makes sense. My problem is the tubes are part of the hardtop frame. Should I just seal up the tubes and look at other hardtop mounts?

Thanks

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Looks like no one picked you up, I'll give it a try.

The Lee Jr if original have a three point mount on side of the bridge wall and on the edge of the hardtop there is a small hook that extends to keep the poles from whipping against the hardtop when in non-use position. You can see the setup on the GradyWhite website 1992 catalog of boats, under customer resources.

What is it you are looking for? The poles?

OnTheBeach

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Bob,

No, the entire setup. I will post some photos. The outriggers were mounted on the hardtop roof and the two tubes are still there, but they are integral the the HT frame.

Thanks

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just like I had figured, that means you have a custom design, not the original setup.

When you post the photo(s) the members will be more readily able to assist you, if I can't. I have the Lee Jrs as per OEM.