1992 sportbridge...performance numbers.

richmake

Reaction score
This may be a long shot but here goes.
I've got a 1992 Sportbridge with new 2007 DF200's on the back.
I'm looking for guy's that can give me similar numbers for the yamaha equivilant...say twin counter rotating f200's.
I know Grady say's not to put 4 strokes on this hull and we can talk that to death again if you want but that's not what I'm looking for.
I'm just looking for comparables and good or bad comments.
For the record...I love the motors and they seem to run awesome and for the way we fish up here...I think I made a wise choice.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The only guy I recall installing twin 4 stroke V6s on a 1990-93 Sail 252G, was a guy with Hondas several years ago, never heard from him again.

Sinclair

Reaction score
Guys,

I recently installed twin DF175 Suzuki's on a 91 Sailfish w/ a bracket. I dont have exact numbers yet, however I can tell you that fuel efficiency is wonderful now. My old 2 Stroke Johnson's earned their keep. But now with the 4strokes she a completley different boat.

I was initially concerned with the 50 hp reduction. But the 175's are quite snappy out of the hole. The mid range is around 3800- 4000 rpm and WOT is 6100. The noise reduction is unbelievable. You actually have to look at the gauges to confirm they are running. And did I mention the fuel, I now pay with 50's instead of 100's. I love not adding oil now, and so do my customers. When I repowered I removed the old oil tanks and replaced them with 2 extra batteries, I now run all of my electronics from these two and have a dedicated starting battery for each motor.

Just my 2cents.

Hope this helps

Sinclair :D

richmake

Reaction score
Here's a few photo's of the new ride....
I finally got the second gauge to work a little better and the throttles seem to be in sync.
My only problem now is each gauge is showing 7000rpm at wot....which I know isn't right so I'm gonna try some other adjustments on the gauge next week
2008_0410_000935AA.jpg

2008_0409_232808AA.jpg

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Boat looks Bristol, I like the look of black engine on black bottom paint. I thought that was GW204 Brian's boat for a minute, another bristol condition classic SeaV2 Grady!

No other cabin boat built with so much to offer in just 25 feet IMHO!

When you get a chance, on the side of the hull down by the waterline, change those plastic (if they are) thruhulls out to metal, the plastic ones higher up can stay. The drain for the LW on the port side is the lowest, on the starboard, the fishwell drain is the lowest.

The port side may seem difficult to get to, it isn't if you go through the cabin, it is if you go thru the verticle deck plate on the rise to the walkaround. In the cabin, you have to screw out the port and rear side berth wall frames. Easy / fast job, then you will see all the thru hulls right there before you !

richmake

Reaction score
Thanks...boat is in good shape right now...
Ran out of time to change the scuppers to stainless but I will do that this fall...I changed all the other waterline thru-hulls to stainless already...
This is a great boat for how we fish up here...she'll be bloody soon!

CaptKennyW

Reaction score
i guess a lot of us older gw owners like the boat better without the blue pinstripes i know my boat looked better with out them.

Sinclair

Reaction score
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

How do you like the Zuke's??

fearnofish

Reaction score
richmake and GW204 how did you guys remove the pinstripe. i removed the grady white decal with a heat gun and it left a ton glue. i want to do it but after the decal i'm leaving it. what did you use to buff it out.

Sinclair

Reaction score
Guys,

Here's a 25 with lines:

KaylynActionPics003.jpg

Sorry about the size, my 1st pic!!!

richmake

Reaction score
I got the no strip idea from brians boat...thought his was one of the cleanest ones around...
All I can say to all is not shy away from the 4 strokes just over what grady say's...liability is what they are concerned about...
As long as you have a solid bracket/transom and the motors aren't the 600+lb verado's...things will be fine...
Everything in the stern of the hull has to be in top shape...

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
richmake said:
I got the no strip idea from brians boat...thought his was one of the cleanest ones around...
All I can say to all is not shy away from the 4 strokes just over what grady say's...liability is what they are concerned about...
As long as you have a solid bracket/transom and the motors aren't the 600+lb verado's...things will be fine...
Everything in the stern of the hull has to be in top shape...

The strips are a PIA to remove, they're fighting me every inch.

If the 4 cyl 200 Verado's show decent reliabilty, I might go that route when my 2 strokes die. They weigh just over 500# so they don't weight much more than a HPDI. The 6 cyl verado's are around 650# and the Hondas aren't that far behind.

Snapshot_100

Reaction score
Twin yamaha f 225

It can be done and I can send you some pics of mine. Twin f225 fours with a 9.9. The trick is a proper floatation pod. It's a non Grady ad on but it works really well and ads a couple of feet to you boat hull.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
All these good looking Sailfish wide bodies, my knees are getting weak!

No finer examples anywhere.