1995 268 Islander

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Recently purchased the subject boat. i am very hsppy with it. I do have some getting used to though in comparison to my Offshore. The Islander seems to porpoise a bit. Have the twin 175's trimmed down a bit. Only using tabs for side to side adjustment at the moment.

Any suggestions?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Use the tabs more. Drop them down a bit more and you can probably keep the engines up some for better efficiency. Dropping the tabs affect efficiency less than dropping the engines. Use them tabs - that's what they're there for! :)

Sjhopeiu

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Recently purchased the subject boat. i am very hsppy with it. I do have some getting used to though in comparison to my Offshore. The Islander seems to porpoise a bit. Have the twin 175's trimmed down a bit. Only using tabs for side to side adjustment at the moment.

Any suggestions?
I have a new to me 01 islander and noticed the same. Learning to dial in the tabs helped tremendously. Enjoy the ride and good luck.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Always used engine trim primarily. Only used tabs when I needed to push the bow down to cut into a head sea.

Too much hull in the water on an Islander = bow steer and chine walk.

Kelly Day

Reaction score
I have the same year Islander but no issues porpoising. I have twin 200hpdi and only need the tabs to even the boat out. I ran into a guy at Home Depot one day that used to deliver boats for Grady and he told be the Islander has an issue with listing due to the weight of the hardtop when you come out of a turn or off another boat wake. I noticed it but always thought it was a weight balance issue with people and stuff in the boat. Feel free to PM me with any other questions