1995 27 Sailfish w/ Twin 200 Ocean Runners

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Considering the purchase of the above boat/motors.
Said to have VERY low hours. Pics show in very nice condition.
Any opinions on this package?
Thirsty engines?
Currently have a '84 Offshore w/ an I/O

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Good boat, but do a search on here and make sure you're aware of the things to be expected to fix and or check for prior to purchase. As far as the ocean runners I believe are similar to the ocean pros. Very thirsty engines but reliable and easy to work on even for non motor mechanics like myself.

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Can you define *very thirsty*. I rarely go offshore. mostly fish inside.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
They are carburetor engines, as opposed to newer managed fuel injected fuel delivery systems that are more precise and efficient. That being said, although they use a bit more fuel, they are nearly bulletproof and capable of being tuned, repaired, and kept up by diy owners, saving plenty of money for that extra fuel.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
When I had my 238 mako with a 95 or 96 200hp. I was averaging, inshore waters only, about 1mpg

fellinger

Reaction score
I have the same exact year/setup. The motors are damn near bulletproof and easy to work on. I don't have a count on hours on mine but, they are getting very tired and hoping to get another season out of them. I love the boat. I cruise at about 28-32 and currently getting about 0.8mpg. I know they were better when I bought the boat about 4 seasons ago. The compression is getting low on them and I am in the market for newer used power.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I have a Johnson 200 Ocean Pro on my Seafarer, Averages around 3 mpg. Very reliable engine.
Wow, that's impressive. I have the latest tech,4.2 liter F250 and my 228 on the lake gets maybe 3.2 mpg. I had a 1998 192 with a Johnson Ocean Pro 150. That boat got around 2 mpg. I repowered with a Yamaha F150 and my mpg doubled to over 4.3 mpg. Not saying you're making it up, but I am saying those numbers are impressive for your set up