1995 27' Sailfish

islandfly

Reaction score
I am considering the purchase of a 1995 27' Sailfish. It has no generator but it does air cond, microwave, refrig, and other various accesories. Is there anyone on this forum that is using a portable generator (Honda) and pluging it into their shore power connection & using generator to run accesories. I will be using the vessel for extensive offshore overnight runs to the Gulf of Mexico so the generator issue is an important one for me.

Any suggestions or advice personal knowledge in this area will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Capt. Rolando A. Reyes
"Someday Came Charters"
Indian Rocks Bch, Florida
email: Chartercaptain@tampabay.rr.com

Gary M

Reaction score
Rolando,

I had a 1994 Sailfish, so same boat.... A good buddy had your boat and he showed me how he had his Honda 2KW set up to run his AC, etc. He wired the boat to have a plug-in back on the transom. He placed the genset over his swim ladder to keep the exhaust far from the cabin door. He had yet to figure out a rain cover, but the Honda ran the AC perfectly! He had to be careful not to try and run too many things at once.... He did have to custom fashion a short, power cord to connect the boat to the boat.... It was a slick set-up....

We have the same 2KW Honda for hurricane season and it's an amazing unit!

islandfly

Reaction score
Gary M

Thanks for the reply, that is probably what I will end up doing. My generator is 1000W so I may have to switch to the 2000W will see how it works out.

Capt. Rolando A. Reyes
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida