1995 Adventure 208 Thru Hull Replacement Techniques

Toatts

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
So, I'm pretty interested in replacing some of my thru hulls, but how in the heck do i get to them? The access under the livewell/cold box on either side is blocked by foam. Do I just cut that out? Let me know how you got access to them. Thanks!

seasick

Reaction score
By access do you mean the deck plates or have you already pulled out the tackle boxes? You may have to cut foam but first you need to be sure that will work. On a bit older years, it is often the case that a new access hole has to be cut to get to the fittings.

Toatts

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
By access do you mean the deck plates or have you already pulled out the tackle boxes? You may have to cut foam but first you need to be sure that will work. On a bit older years, it is often the case that a new access hole has to be cut to get to the fittings.

Yeah it looks like where the deck plates are mounted that I will not be able to access the thru hulls even if I remove some of the foam. Seems like an unfortunate design.

seasick

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you will need to cut o hole on the port side. You may have better luck on starboard. Before you cut, remove the tackle drawer insert on port seat base to see if you can get to one end of the drain lines. The hull side is the hard one.
Same on the starboard, remove the storage box insert and have a look.
There should be older posts on this topic.

Toatts

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
I may have gotten the port and starboard sides confused. There is an access plate on the back of the port seat pedestal on my 208. There isn't one on the starboard. I think the port plate will allow a skinny arm to reach the through hull.

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
You may have to remove to ring the deck plate snap in to. It will give you a little more room, and yes, you have to cut some foam.
Can you post a pic? My 1993 208 has an deck plate on the vertical (facing aft) in front of each fishbox, port and starboard
1/4 drive universals, long extensions are a must. A second person with skinny arms would be nice. LOL