1995 Sailfish autopilot

Plankton

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 1995 sailfish and I disassembled the autopilot on the hydraulic steering cylinder on the STBD motor last fall to replace steering cylinder o-rings. I incidentally forgot to take pictures of the setup like I typically do. I have a stock autopilot system and I believe a stock seastar hydraulic steering system. The autopilot rod has 1 U bracket on each end of it. I was wondering if someone could please let me know if these mount on the outside of the hydraulic steering cylinder where the bolt holds the hydraulic steering rod together? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My 94 Sailfish was equipped with a Simrad AP 12 when new and it doesn't have a rod that connects at the outboard. It connects to the hydraulic system somewhere under the helm, I believe.

You could try doing a Google Image search on your specific unit to see if you can find photos or just search for the installation manual.

-Scott

Plankton

Reaction score
Scott,

Thanks for the response. I have the Raymarine ST5000 system. I finally found a picture I took when I first purchased the boat and found out how to reattach the hydraulic system on the steering system. Please see bottom left of attached image.

Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

• autopilot.jpg
    autopilot.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 519