1995 Tournament 192 - Throttle Replacement

RCollier15

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I am replacing / upgrading equipment on my 1995 GW 192 (2nd owner). This is my first boat purchase, and am trying to find correct parts for replacement. The throttle is original and it seems a couple pieces are missing - but still works. Would like one with smooth action. The motor was replaced in 2009 with an Evinrude 175 E-Tech. I feel like I need to replace all the controls from the motor forward? Thoughts?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I am replacing / upgrading equipment on my 1995 GW 192 (2nd owner). This is my first boat purchase, and am trying to find correct parts for replacement. The throttle is original and it seems a couple pieces are missing - but still works. Would like one with smooth action. The motor was replaced in 2009 with an Evinrude 175 E-Tech. I feel like I need to replace all the controls from the motor forward? Thoughts?
There shoudl only be one "control" (the control box... throttel and shift). But you will also have T & S cables.

It "seems" a couple pieces are missing? What exactly is missing?

Most likely, the cables are freezing up and/or the contorl box needs to be greased. Figure out what you need to do before just blindly replacing. Disconnect cables at the engine... does the operation change? Disconnect cables at the box... does the operation change? Answers to that will get you going in the right direction.

Reactions: RobLeslie

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Odds are that the original engine was a Yamaha, so an original shifter would say something like Yamaha 704 right on it. Re-powering with a different brand of engine normally includes a matching shifter. What do you have?