1997 Islander Props Twin 150 HPDI's

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I have tried searching and cannot find an answer. Due to F150 Corrosion and a massive repair bill we opted to repower with new to us 150 HPDI's. The boat had 13.75x19P Yamaha SWSII props on it when we bought the boat and the new to us motors came with 15.25x17's that was rigged on a 25' Aquasport CC.

Are the 13.75x19's going to be too small of a diameter and steep of a pitch for the HPDI's? The 17's that came with the HPDI's are nicked up and I don't want to pay to have them repaired if those are not the props for us, local shop charges $150 each and they look to be the older SWS1 props, so might look for another set if I should go for the 17's anyways.

If someone has an Islander with twin HPDI 150's I would be curious the prop choice, and if those 19's are not a good choice I'll start keeping my eyes open for something else. I have seen a few posts with twin 200's running the 15.25x17's, but not sure how comparable that would be.

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a very new repower on my islander with F150's, not HPDI. I went with the OFS3 from power tech 15.25 x16. I have been pleasantly surprised how well they pop the boat on plane and hold it there. Top end was solid is is getting better as i break in the motors.

Call power tech or prop gods and they will give you really solid advice for your use. google prop gods for the contact #.