1998 208 Adventure console modification

fishgo208

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the console from a 2001 208 Adventure will fit a 1998? I like the larger opening in the electronics box and the square top. Any ideas?

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I do not know how you would change just the helm area because that is not a separately molded piece. You would need to cut the fiberglass somewhere and do LOTS of glass work to join two umatched pieces together. Where would you obtain the 2001 helm without purchasing the entire boat? It sounds cheaper to buy the '01 than go through the hassle and expense of cutting up two boats. Remember this section includes the windshield unless you cut it away from the helm area. Probably rebuilding the bulkhead, rewiring the helm, lots and lots of glass repair...YUK. And now you have a strange boat that not many people would be interested in purchasing when the time comes to sell her. I have done a little glass work in my days but I would never contemplate this type of project. If you are going to pay someone labor, you would be much better off to purchase the boat you like.