1998 Grady White 228 Seafarer for sale - $21,600

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

Timcan

Reaction score
Looks like it may be a scam same ad posted on our local Craigslist here in California. No state registration number on the hull also all license plates are white out.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks like it may be a scam same ad posted on our local Craigslist here in California. No state registration number on the hull also all license plates are white out.
My thought process on the matter would be... I think the ad on the east coast is probably legitimate as it's a good, or better than average price for an east coast boat. For the purposes of comparison, I paid $26.5k for my 2004 GW 228 Seafarer back in October of 2021 and think I got a really good deal on it. For a boat that's 6 years older than mine and for $5k less, I again don't think the one on the east coast is a scam, or too terribly far out of the range of possibility. That being said, I definitely think the posting in California is a scam considering it's the west coast and out here, that's probably at least a $40-$45k boat, if not more. A few other things that I noticed would be that the east coast boat has 12 pictures compared to the one in California that only has 6, and the price is $100 less for the California boat. The one on the east coast definitely could be a scam, but It's not a $45k boat that's being listed for half the price, like the one listed in California. Just my opinions of course, any potential buyer obviously needs to do their research and due diligence on the matter first before giving someone money down, etc.

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think the Suzuki in the picture is much newer than a 2007 just from looking at the style of the cowling decals and shine on the motor which is a good thing or part of the scam

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think the Suzuki in the picture is much newer than a 2007 just from looking at the style of the cowling decals and shine on the motor which is a good thing or part of the scam
I'm not sure to be honest. Here's a picture of a 2007 Suzuki 250 outboard and the stickers or decals are definitely different, but the design of the cowling itself to me looks the same or very similar. Not sure if he repainted it and added new decals, which is definitely possible. The boat itself is definitely a late 1990's boat with the non starboard toe rails, the different design of the hardtop and so forth.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
think this a scam
It is possible. You'd think that if the boat was legitimate, that at the seller's asking price, that it would've sold by now. That being said, you'd also think that if it was a scam, that it would've been flagged on the Craigslist ad and taken down already.