1998 Grady White Voyager

mdscole

Reaction score
I'm finally joining this crowd. Long time listener, first time caller...

This will be the fourth boat in my life, replacing a Marlin Sportfisher that I've had for 14 years. Looked at new Grady Whites back in the mid 90's right after the Sea V2 hull came out. They were nice and expensive. I was early in a career and family. Ended up with a Fourwins Freedom 170 with the HORRIBLE Johnson 115 hp outboard.

Then came the Marlin. Good enough boat. Hard top, big, very stern heavy (especially with a kicker and a bait tank) no trim tabs. Ford 302 died. Replaced it with the newer 302 with the roller cam. Crane Rockers, 4 barrel... It was crazy fast. Top speed with two on board and full of fuel= 50 mph. That was always fun. Looked like hell, but would beat all the 100K fishing boats. The look on those faces as this bucket of bolts flies by!
:jaw

Rough ride though.

Then everything started to fall apart.

Time for a new boat. Looked at an identical marlin with far less use. cheap - but same POS. Then went for the dream.

Looked at a mid 80's repowered. complete lack of transom. Didn't care for it.

Found the next one: 1998 Voyager 248 with the hard top. Original SS2 twin 150's w/450 hours. looks good, sounds great. A little sun wear on the gunrail padding.

Pick it up this weekend. One of the best two days! :noob

Reactions: fordfisherman

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat. Of course you know as a long time listener that posting pictures will be required...