1999 225 Tournament: on-board fresh water questions

WaltL

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Hi All,

Just purchased this '99 Tournament and I'm working through repairing several things trying to get everything operational and functioning properly.

1). The fresh water wash down "shower" head was cracked at the base and broke off just pass the hose compression fitting. No way to repair the original wand, so I was wondering if anybody knew if these might be available anywhere or maybe someone has a used one for sale. I bought an RV shower wand, but it's too big to stow in the transom and it doesn't work very well either.

2). There is a fresh water spigot box on the stbd. gunwale with a faucet on the left and knob on the right. Turning the knob sends water to a hose fitting underneath the box, and that works fine. The faucet is plumbed directly to a water line and it doesn't work, and there's no valve that I can see. The black piece under the faucet looks similar to an elec. switch on my old Penn Yan, but it's not, it's seems to be just a hard rubber plug that doesn't depress... How do I get water to flow out of the faucet?

Thanks for any help offered. I have other questions as well about this boat, but I'll start with these.

Walt

Attachments

• IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
  • IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3456.jpeg
    IMG_3456.jpeg
  • IMG_3458.jpeg
    IMG_3458.jpeg

seasick

Reaction score
That is a Scandvik product and very common. Pretty easy to find at marine supply stores. If you buy the head with the hose ( and your old hose is probably stiff and old), check that you get the correct version. The fitting at the supply end has several models.
Shop around, there are better prices than on this link ( and it doesn't include the hose)

WaltL

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
That is a Scandvik product and very common. Pretty easy to find at marine supply stores. If you buy the head with the hose ( and your old hose is probably stiff and old), check that you get the correct version. The fitting at the supply end has several models.
Shop around, there are better prices than on this link ( and it doesn't include the hose)
Thank you for quick response and information! The hose is actually in very good shape and quite flexible. I bought a 3/8" nipple to 1/2" water fitting to hook up the RV shower wand, so it looks like the filing on the Scandvik will screw right in to what I have. And, wow, they are pretty pricey aren't they... a black on like mine is ~ $100 on Amazon. Will definitely shop around.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Check Rusty Ron's Marine (seller on eBay). He has all sorts of GW stuff...some of it is irregular and some of it is discontinued but if it works, who cares?

WaltL

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Check Rusty Ron's Marine (seller on eBay). He has all sorts of GW stuff...some of it is irregular and some of it is discontinued but if it works, who cares?
Great! Thanks for the tip!

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Best price I found was from Boat and RV Accessories on eBay. You can put it in your wish list and the next day they offer you 5% off, as many sellers seem to do there.

Unfortunately, I only found those with a white ABS plastic handle. Would have preferred black.

WaltL

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Best price I found was from Boat and RV Accessories on eBay. You can put it in your wish list and the next day they offer you 5% off, as many sellers seem to do there.

Unfortunately, I only found those with a white ABS plastic handle. Would have preferred black.
I bought this black one from ITC (~ $30 + $10 to ship) : https://itcshopnow.com/products/thr...-straight-sprayer?_pos=1&_sid=715b25e7b&_ss=r

I had put a fitting I got from an RV supply house (3/8" compression nipple x 1/2" female threaded)v onto the original black water hose and then attached an RV shower handle which threaded perfectly into my adapter. I assumed the sprayer would also thread into the adapter, but it does't :confused:.
Also, ITC doesn't appear to sell any hose fittings that will do what I'm trying to do. Loos like this is designed to thread into their stainless hose fitting...