1999 268 Islander shower sump

tjb22

Reaction score
Greetings all,
Does anyone know how to access the shower sump and waste discharge pump in a 1999 268 Islander? I don't believe that the removable deck plate adjacent to the helm would do it as far as I can tell. I removed the refrigerator and if I was 150# less and limber like a gymnast I could probably do it from there. I have to replace the sump tank as the discharge port is broken right off.
Thanks.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Our sump and pump is just forward of the athwartship bulkhead separating the cabin from the helm area. It is accessed by removing the lower of the two companionway steps. You have to remove the non-skid covering and unscrew the step.

I modified both of our steps so they just sit in place. Easy to lift out for access to the three seacocks under there, as well as the vents I installed for the A/C, the seawater circ pump, the freshwater pump, etc.

u6v7gyfeRB4OkgC8eZKKDqnntuXAQ0Hjnt-cO6alCV3J7cdy1oKOuFcDBL2R_mkx_7xNvcLkzkM

03QjMogUV8hVsbe6e2BMOuLImffj99XrmLvP_NDPuj0IsaB_hLomskZt-Q3RIFjsQj5YRzb3XHE

_kZevX246XCkiRnx71iPS1ZpPH7EDlfdGV55r-rWu0IrFyTv3IQqqOY7_Ol1VbbnKp-V5Rcbqh4

The corner of the shower sump can be seen in the upper left of the second photo.

Brian

tjb22

Reaction score
Thanks Brian,
I will try to get down to the boat and remove the non skid this weekend to check it out. The pictures you posted didn't come thru but I have the general idea. I could not feel anything thru the non skid and I didn't want to rip it up for nothing.