1999 Gulfstream Value?

jrem

Reaction score
There are plenty of variables, but would anyone have thoughts on how much a 1999 Gulfstream with a 2003 Yamaha F225 with about 225 hrs go for? Boat is very clean, has everything it should, has electronics (radar, gps, sounder, radio) though they are a few years older (probably original).

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks!

paulyjsob

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 Gulfstream with twin 200HP Evinrude Ficht engines last fall for $22K. Granted, these engines aren't worth much and have a bad rep.
The boat has about 325 hours and was pretty much loaded with most options for that year (no trailer). Fantastic shape with not a single spider crack.
There was a 98 with twin 150hp yamaha's (older carbed motors) for sale in THT for $25K last year too.

I think the low $20K mark is fair for that boat because it is underpowered. Make sure you sea trial it with a typical load (full gas, 4 people, gear, etc) because I have a feeling you'll be disappointed. The F225 is a weak 225HP engine (reports show it really puts out around 208HP). The Gulfstream is a wide, heavy boat and IMO you should go by the 75% of MAX HP rule on this one. Also, the earlier F225 had internal corrosion issues.. Make sure you have the exhaust checked out with a scope.

Great boat though. I can't wait for the upcoming season!

Attachments

• P1030537 (Copy).JPG
    P1030537 (Copy).JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 491