200 miles over the past 3 days.

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Thank you all for the help and advise over the past few months. VST filter was def dirty and lots of debris in the VST tank. Got that all cleaned out only dropping 1 on the mounting washers in the drink. LOL! The last person in the tank put a stripped screw in the back of the tank split. UGH! took over and hour to drill the head off go to the hardware store for a replacement. Luckly I could get some vise grips on the remaining threads and get the screw out.
Engine side fuel filter replaced also. Fuel pressure regulator screen, spark plugs, and o2 sensor cleaned. Purred like a kitten afterwards and after running for a few minutes. The surging low speed idle smoothed out.

total trip.
Approx 200 miles.
total fuel burn approx 150 gal.

Granted Sunday afternoon and Monday morning it was blowing hard and running just above hull speed ate some fuel.

For you Chesapeake guys...
Sat Am
Left from Deale.
Fished Poplar Island
Run up the Choptank- Fished Bill Burton Pier.
Run to back side of St Michael's anchor for the night to watch fireworks.
Sunday
Run South to Solmons to get breakfast and refuel.
Ran south to Smith Island (VA line) was going to fish the target ship and buoy 72 but was blown off the water. Ended up anchoring next to Martin Wildlife refuge and catching bait all evening.
Tied up at 3 Knots Marine for the night.
Monday
Fished the target ship for a few hours before heading to the dock.

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Pic

Attachments

• 20220703_210945.jpg
    20220703_210945.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 20220703_210953.jpg
    20220703_210953.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Halfhitch

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice! I fished poplar and choptank area this past sunday, nothing great to speak of. A guy I know was just south of the target ship, west of smith island, a couple days ago and slammed nice sized blues and one cobia on light tackle. I fish this area pretty regularly, run out of the South River.

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Nice! I fished poplar and choptank area this past sunday, nothing great to speak of. A guy I know was just south of the target ship, west of smith island, a couple days ago and slammed nice sized blues and one cobia on light tackle. I fish this area pretty regularly, run out of the South River.
It's a long run from up here. LOL!! Bucket list fish is a cobia on my own. I did catch a few small snapper blues just south of the target ship (buoy 68) . Little a-holes destroyed all my live spot. I did see a few Gradys on the water. One may have been you.

Last edited: