2000 208 rear seat backs

rockfishon

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the newer higher style rear seat back will fit the older model 208's?

seasick

Reaction score
The critical dimension is the chair's width. Your 208 has fairly narrow seats and there is only small clearance between the seat outside edge and the side wall of the helm. If you are referring to the new 218 model seats, I am not sure if they will fit and still allow the seat to rotate. The 218 is about 5 inches wider than the 208 hull.
For sure, if the new seats you are referring to have arm rests, they definitely will not fit.

rockfishon

Reaction score
Thanks, but I am talking about the rear stern seating next to the engine. The newer back cushions seemed to be twice the height of my originals.

seasick

Reaction score
If you mean the cushions on the new 218 model, that boat has completely different cushion design. The back cushion is an integral oart of the swing assemble that allow one to lift and swing the backrest out of the way to allow access to climb over the transom to get to the swim ladder.
In addition on my 2001 208 which is the same design as the 2000, there is no back cushion per se. The gunnel bolsters wrap around the back and become the back rests for the locker seat