2000, 232, grady white gulfstream hard top

Hammertime

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find, buy or what to use to replace the original bimini top on my GW. I just purchased this boat yesterday and it has the original bimini top with enclosures . I like the hard top for a couple of reasons. With the soft top there are no support bars to hold on to when walking to the front, and the bimini flaps in the wind which is annoying.. I live on Long island......

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Check out Atlantic Towers.

FYI... Until then, you can make the bimini tighter so it at least doesn't flap by adjusting the front straps. Which will also make it a little bit "sturdier" - not that it will be as strong to hold onto as a tower (obviously), but it will help a bit.

Hammertime

Reaction score
DennisG01 said:

FYI... Until then, you can make the bimini tighter so it at least doesn't flap by adjusting the front straps. Which will also make it a little bit "sturdier" - not that it will be as strong to hold onto as a tower (obviously), but it will help a bit.
Thank you and I'll try the strap thing..

Hammertime

Reaction score
DennisG01 said:

Thank you and I'll try the strap thing..

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Your welcome.

The "trick" is that the strap has to be tight enough that you CAN'T simply grab the clip and pull it down to the eye loop to attach it. The goal is to get the strap just tight enough that you then grab the top of the bimini (horizontal bar) with one hand and pull down, to allow you to clip in.

Another little tip... if you find that the strap starts to vibrate and make a buzzing noise at a certain speed (air flow), give the strap a 180* twist before you clip in. Sounds strange, but it works!