2000 265 Express with water leaking in on inside of cabin walls

GWexpress

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I believe the water is traveling down the hardtop support tubing into the ceiling of the cabin. The water then runs down the sides of the cabin. Most frustrating. The side windows are rear to where the leak appears, but could this be the source. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I've had some water from where hardtop feet connect. Just a matter of removing screws and resealing with silicone.
Its also possible that screws holding the windshield could need silicone.

One thing to watch for is the windshield washer hose which is controlled by the knob below the throttles....more than one of us has wondered where all the water is coming from after someone has messed with that knob. That hose is inside the liner so a leak will travel as you described.

seasick

Reaction score
Leaks in Express cabins have been reported on this forum and in several cases, the water got in through the seam under the rub rail. I think but am not certain that the water got in only when at sea under power so if you have active leakage let's say at the dock when it's raining or hosing down the deck, your problem may not be the deck to hull seal

Rlloyd

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have stains below the corners of my windows, so since yours are not near the windows, I would think NOT the windows.

GWexpress

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks guys for your quick response. I did notice that one of the hardtop feet looked damp at the base, on the deck side. I will unbolt the support and resilicone the base. Question, where does this water go. Does it just stay in the support tube?
I noticed the silly windshield washer connection. Though turned off, I plan to disconnect the line for good.
The window support screws will be inspected and resealed as well. Thanks again, I hope this fixes it.

Lucky13

Reaction score
+1 for seam under rubrail. Thats where mine was coming from on my 2001 265 but wont hurt to reseal those hardtop feet.

CascoHorn47

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
After some heavy rain I noticed the same kind of leak coming down my cabin walls. I think it’s one of the feet to the gunnel railing. Anyone know how to access the nuts under the gunnel? They free spin when loosening so I assume there are nuts and I’ve seen the feet have them up above the anchor well where I am able to access.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
After some heavy rain I noticed the same kind of leak coming down my cabin walls. I think it’s one of the feet to the gunnel railing. Anyone know how to access the nuts under the gunnel? They free spin when loosening so I assume there are nuts and I’ve seen the feet have them up above the anchor well where I am able to access.
It sounds like you don't have eyes on the area under the stanchion base (foot) of the bow rail. Without eyes on it, don't assume - water can travel quite a distance. Access... could be something in the area that you have to remove... could be a cap that you pop off... could be carpet that you have to cut. It should be relatively obvious once you look at it - meaning, you know where the stanchion base is, so whatever is the way... remove it.

Like all threads about leaks... Before you do anything, though, do some detective work with a hose. You can also tape over areas to help eliminate/show a problem area.

Reactions: PointedRose

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
like he said...water travels downhill.

Water from screws for hardtop feet gets inside headliner and runs down and outward. Same with water from the windshield washer..

I have not found access to the railing screws yet either.