2000 272 Sailfish Motor Size

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Ok great, my neighbor also has a 2005 GW 270 Islander as well. I'm not sure how that will prove what the dry weight of it is though, especially when compared with other model years of the same boat.
Not sure why this weight discrepancy is so important to you. Anyway, I don't see how this hijacked thread is revenant to the original posted question which is why most of us are here. Best of luck in your quest for the truth. Signing off...

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not sure why this weight discrepancy is so important to you. Anyway, I don't see how this hijacked thread is revenant to the original posted question which is why most of us are here. Best of luck in your quest for the truth. Signing off...
Go back and look at post #21 where Sailfish is talking about the weight discrepancies between the boats. It's not "important" to me and definitely not enough to lose sleep over, but I'd say it's still a relatively important topic at hand and very much relatable to the original post.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I went up to my beach cabin today and confirmed that my neighbor's boat is indeed a 2005 GW 270 Islander that is set up with twin F150 Yamaha's on it. I've been on the boat several times and whilst it's not a speed demon, it still moves along just fine. To the OP, there's absolutely no reason why you couldn't run twin 150's on an older 272 that's "supposedly" almost 1k lbs lighter. Good luck!

IMG_2718.jpeg