2000 Express 265 Water pressure pump

Scout3a

Reaction score
I feel like a rookie asking this but where is the Water pressure pump? I can hear it run when I hit the switch on the board but, I can't find it. I looked under the access panel on the floor in front of the captain's chair nothing. Looked under the access panel on the port side right before you enter the cabin nothing. Does anyone know where it is located? I read something about behind the drawer on the port side but left my screw gun at home to take that apart. Any help would be appreciated
Jay

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
This should allow you to download and read the Owner's Manual for your boat. https://gradywhite.blob.core.windows.net/media/5445/2000-265.pdf

Page 6-28 is a schematic, but should give you a good hint as to the physical location. Likely aft of the athwartships bulkhead.

The fresh water pump in our 2002 Islander was mounted on the forward side of that bulkhead, and the access was through the covers on the companionway steps.

Chillaxin

Reaction score
Behind draws in cabin bulkhead take out screws and whole draw assembly very easy

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I feel like a rookie asking this but where is the Water pressure pump? I can hear it run when I hit the switch on the board but, I can't find it. I looked under the access panel on the floor in front of the captain's chair nothing. Looked under the access panel on the port side right before you enter the cabin nothing. Does anyone know where it is located? I read something about behind the drawer on the port side but left my screw gun at home to take that apart. Any help would be appreciated
Jay
"I looked under the access panel on the floor in front of the captain's chair nothing."
Sounds like you looked in the 6" port.
You did't see it under the helm chair because the box for the cabin drawers is in the way.

" Looked under the access panel on the port side right before you enter the cabin nothing" that's where the fresh water tank is located

Best access requires removing the drawer box inside the cabin.
You can get there from a panel in the head also and/or remove the deck hatch entirely from in front of the helm chair.