2000 Grady 247 w/Rude

Reaction score
Was this common back then? With all the issues that the 2000 Ram was said to have is it still worth looking at? The motor onlyy has 210 hours which is scary in 8 years. I am looking to see if any upgrades were completed. Any thought if a 225 is enough power for a 247 advance?
Thanks again for the help in the search for the first Grady....
Snapper

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The ficht motors were the ones that had all the problems. Otherwise just figure that it could very well be a money pit to keep running, will smoke a lot and burn a lot of fuel.

If you like the boat, buy with the thought (price) in mind that you would simply repower it. That way when the motor goes kaput you just have a new one installed.

The hull is getting old enough now to warrant a thorough survey by a competent surveyor. Remember, condition is everything. Some neglect can never be corrected, and repairs and replacements on boats is exceedingly expensive. In that vintage, most electronics are out of date if even operable.

Reaction score
How do you tell some one that you like th eboat but motor stinks and I will need to repower so here is my offer? The electronics are newer. They are asking 29,999 ans I think 22,500 would be accepted. Not sure if I want to hold out on that modle for twins or buy low and repwoer with twins when I need to. Thoughts? Thanks.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
$22.5K is a lot for a hull, especially if you're planning on dumping $30K on a pair of motors. Considering you can get gw204's Sailfish for around $30K with relatively new power, I'd offer a max of $20K. They'll probably reject the offer but you'll be better off in the long run.

Once you get used to twins, you will not want to go back to a single.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A 247 with twins is uncommon, I bet very few were equipped that way.

How long do you intend, approx., to own the boat you buy? 1yr, 5 yr, 10 yr?

Does a boat wih a motor give you value in the motor? Do you intend to use the boat as is with motor, how long?

You can offer much lower in these times, check Boatraderonline for comps and counts. There is a much broader range between asking and selling prices these days. Unless you are shooting form the hip, which is not my style.

If electronics are 5 yrs or older, they are considered outdated. Of little $$ value.

bulldog2

Reaction score
The FICHT RAM was the updated version fo the original FICHT motor,This is a very good motor with very good performance.It is a direct injected motor and does not smoke or at least less than a HPDI and it is very efficient.I beleive spark plugs for this motor are insanely expensive.Have it surveyed and use it till it blows and you never know you might be surprised to see what its like outside the Yamaha world,But in the mean time use the FICHT reputation to get the best deal you can.Good Luck-Pat L