2000 Grady 272 Sailfish - Listing to Starboard

sigp220in45

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Recently purchased a 2000 Grady 272 Sailfish that has a slight list to starboard. I checked over the boat and can see no reason. Battery's are in the center, tanks are full and also in the center line.
any ideas as to why she lists?

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
water tank?

also, does the boat have foam for buoyancy? could it be waterlogged?

sigp220in45

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Had the boat surveyed before purchase. No water then. Everything appears to be balanced. I guess if she starts to list more I will pull her and check for water again. Hope it is not water.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
Recently purchased a 2000 Grady 272 Sailfish that has a slight list to starboard. I checked over the boat and can see no reason. Battery's are in the center, tanks are full and also in the center line.
any ideas as to why she lists?
If it only lists while underway, you've got one trim tab stuck down. Or possibly a bend in the skeg. But if it lists when at rest and there's no obvious weight issue, there's water someplace where it doesn't belong.

georgemjr

Reaction score
This is not uncommon and have read numerous reports of the same. Grady has done a "good" job of balancing items (batteries to port when hot water heater is to starboard) but the 330's and others can have a list. I overcame mine with a water bladder (used often for wakeboarding boats) on the opposite side of the list to even out. I know later year 330's moved the batteries to center. It was easier for me to balance rather than move all the systems in the center and then move the batteries.