2000 Gulfstream auxiliary v- berth cushions ,

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Was looking too see if anyone would have a set of the auxiliary v-berth cushions for sale , before I try to make template for a set
Thanks. Dan

Fishtales

Reaction score
Prob best to either template and quote the job out. Going to be tough to find a set I think...

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I’m thinking your right on that .
I do have another question maybe you can help me out with , the middle aux berth would need most likely a piece of plywood or something compatible under cushion, then that whole piece needs to lay on some sort of support system , I can probably mount a small ledger to rest middle berth on , but then cushion alone would have to overhang plywood to flush up to sink cabinet and also starboard cushion. But what is confusing is there’s a ledge already there on sink cabinet and some room on starboard side , but then would I have to make cushion thinner to be flush with existing cushions and rest complete middle berth on existing ledges/ fiberglass bunk . I hope I’m saying all this correctly, Im just trying to figure out what they do from factory. I did call Grady white and all they said is everything is different from 2006 .. mine only other idea is go to a dealer and look !

artodea

Reaction score
I did just the opposite - I had the aux berth cushions and had a starboard berth cushion made. You definitely want to match the foam density and finished height to avoid a step in thickness. I didn't and while my naps aboard have been wonderful, I have mismatched thickness and density...

For what it's worth, I reported the measurements of mine in this thread from last year: Aux berth cushions

Art

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Art , can you tell me if the aux cushion just rests on the existing fiberglass that starboard cushion rests on and the protruding fiberglass on sink cabinet, and if there is some sort of board build in with cushion , probably starboard ? Thank you

Fishtales

Reaction score
Isn't there a recessed lip on each side of the v-birth? Usually the b-virth tabletop fits in the lip and allows the same thickness cushion matierlal to be used on all three pieces.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Not sure what b- berth table top is , but here is a pic of cabin , if I rest a boarded cushion on edges, cushion will have to be thinner to compensate for board , I’m assuming

Attachments

• 4FBF28CD-7379-4F67-A289-8A463C59C472.jpeg
    4FBF28CD-7379-4F67-A289-8A463C59C472.jpeg
    724.6 KB · Views: 11

artodea

Reaction score
Not sure what b- berth table top is , but here is a pic of cabin , if I rest a boarded cushion on edges, cushion will have to be thinner to compensate for board , I’m assuming
You got it - the aux cushions backed with plywood rest on the lip on the port side and scoots the starboard cushion over slightly to rest on that lip. If you add the third cushion on the head cover then you've got them all locked in like a puzzle. You correctly note that the cushion thickness needs to compensate for the plywood thickness to give you a flat surface.

tMYruO1.jpg

VLxlm0n.jpg

812PZqa.jpg

Good luck

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thank you for getting back , just wasn’t totally sure what Grady did . Have a great season

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
And thanks for those pic , looking great

Fishtales

Reaction score
Use a good closed cell foam to mitigate moisture penetration and a good fabric (sunbrella is tough material but maybe a bit rough if you are sleeping on it; would be my choice though). If stapling, ensure monel staples are used. If zippered, use plastic vs metal. On your lip piece, you could request a lip be added to the front edge (they likely would glue it) to give the back of your legs cushion against the plywood end edge.