2000 gulfstream windless

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hi looking to purchase a windlass for my 2000 Gulfstream w/ twin 200
Considering the Maxwell HRC gf 8 over the lewmar profish 1000 , been reading of quite of bit of problems with the lewmar .
No sure if the product or operator error , any options or recommendations will be greatly appreciated, and also would like to remomove tie down cleat and put 2 on either side of windlass instead of securing hatch and mounting there , just checking for experience on this , thank you

Fish- on

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hi looking to purchase a windlass for my 2000 Gulfstream w/ twin 200
Considering the Maxwell HRC gf 8 over the lewmar profish 1000 , been reading of quite of bit of problems with the lewmar .
No sure if the product or operator error , any options or recommendations will be greatly appreciated, and also would like to remomove tie down cleat and put 2 on either side of windlass instead of securing hatch and mounting there , just checking for experience on this , thank you
I have a gulfstream 2000 with twin 150's. I installed the profish 700. I installed it as far back on pulpit as possible, leaving the anchor hatch useable. I installed a bail at the end bolted threw the roller. I never had a problem. I did install the remote with fob. If i am alone I can be on the bow watching the rode with the hatch open in case it hangs up. Changed the anchor to a delta 14 lb.

Reactions: coldpizza

Fish- on

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have a gulfstream 2000 with twin 150's. I installed the profish 700. I installed it as far back on pulpit as possible, leaving the anchor hatch useable. I installed a bail at the end bolted threw the roller. I never had a problem. I did install the remote with fob. If i am alone I can be on the bow watching the rode with the hatch open in case it hangs up. Changed the anchor to a delta 14 lb.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thanks for replying, that sounds like how I want to mount it , have you had the profish long and has it been reliable , so many up and down reviews.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a pro fish 1000 on my 330 and it is flawless. Make sure to use 8-plait line though since it lays flatter and has less likelihood of kinking.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thank you for replying

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Both companies/products are good and have been around for a long time. I think there's more Lewmar's in the aftermarket and that's why you might see more reviews of them... and we all know that most people only post negative reviews. However, you should really look into Good Windlasses. Overbuilt and great customer support. They are made in NJ... but don't hold that against them! :)

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thanks with that I never saw good windlass on a search , but NJ works , I’m on Long Island so good for shipping thnks

Ted R

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I went with a Maxwell on my Gulfstream and I am very pleased with the performance. It is mounted on the bow pulpit.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thanks again , would you know if there’s an actual name for the stainless steel plate that gets mounted to pulpit which chain rides on
I be tried searching ,
Not sure if hardware store would have 316 stainless sheet or plate , thnks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I think you're talking about an anchor roller? It doesn't ride "on" the SS - it's more of a "chute" whereas there are rollers. It will make more sense when you look at them closer.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have the anchor roller , this is a 1/8 “ stainless steel plate flat by let’s 6”x24” mounted on pulpit as not to damage pulpit with anchor chain when dropping and retrieving anchor

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Oh, OK. Yeah, that you should be able to source from a metal retailer. I think there's one called metal depot, or something like that, online. Mcmaster Carr should have something like that, too. Cut it to your specs. However, you could also use something like 1/4" HDPE which is much easier to cut and shape. In the end, you can make it whatever shape/size you want. This is what I did for my Sundancer - I added the center cleat (well, and all the rest, too) and then cut 1/4" HDPE to combat the chain slap.

IMG_7478.JPG

Last edited:

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Beautiful that’s it I saw that metal place but I got sent all over if you as specific as possible , I’m sure I can get at hardware but most likely not a good stainless , thnks