2000 Gulfstream

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hello , I just purchased a 2000 grady White gulfstream with twin 200 hp ox66’s
I went for a 30 minute ride b4 purchase and everything was good. When I got boat home and started flushing engines one had no issue but the other would set off alarm and is not overheating , is there 2 separate alarms for each motor or do motors control one alarm by key switch , also is there any other faults that might trigger an alarm . looking for any suggestions on this occurrence . Thnks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
What do the Yamaha gauges show when the alarm is sounding?

Where both engines tilted down (although I honestly don't know if these particular engines have a "high tilt" alarm - some do)? Have you checked oil levels?

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hey Dennis , thnks for answering , I just purchase this vessel and the fuel management gauge is not working , it seem seller didn’t leave me adequate full in boat , I ran motors with portable tank and everything is running ok. Now my issue is I can’t get gas flow from fuel tank , not sure if there are primer pumps on this boat , but the primer bulb isnt doing the trick . I hooked up a hand pump from water sep intake and tried to suck gas up but that didn’t work, amazing cause it ran ok for 40 minutes before I put it on trailer to take home ..
Anyone with suggestions to get the gas flowing would be greatly appreciated, looking to get a good run before wintering.

Thnks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
So the alarm was because of fuel?

Which water separator did you hook up to? Engine mounted or boat mounted?

There are low pressure pumps - they're on the side of the engine and are mechanical. HOWEVER, the primer bulb should, of course, work to get fuel to the boat mounted filter (or engine mounted) where the LP pumps can take over.

Possible reasons you can't get fuel to the primer bulb:

- First, you can "likely" eliminate anything being wrong from where you hooked the portable tank in and downstream from there.
- Bad bulb. Although since you tried a hand pump, you may be able to rule that out.
- Clogged fuel line vent. Look at the vent on the side of the boat. Try the bulb again with the fuel fill cap off.
- Internally or externally failing fuel line.
- Clogged or cracked pickup tube. "Cracked"... could mean that there aren't problems till the fuel level drops below it.

Do your fuel lines go directly from the primer bulbs to the tank?

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
So the alarm was because of fuel?

Which water separator did you hook up to? Engine mounted or boat mounted?

There are low pressure pumps - they're on the side of the engine and are mechanical. HOWEVER, the primer bulb should, of course, work to get fuel to the boat mounted filter (or engine mounted) where the LP pumps can take over.

Possible reasons you can't get fuel to the primer bulb:

- First, you can "likely" eliminate anything being wrong from where you hooked the portable tank in and downstream from there.
- Bad bulb. Although since you tried a hand pump, you may be able to rule that out.
- Clogged fuel line vent. Look at the vent on the side of the boat. Try the bulb again with the fuel fill cap off.
- Internally or externally failing fuel line.
- Clogged or cracked pickup tube. "Cracked"... could mean that there aren't problems till the fuel level drops below it.

Do your fuel lines go directly from the primer bulbs to the tank?

Reactions: Zebulon

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Good morning, fuel lines go to shut offs , there open , I did pump with fuel cap off ,primer bulbs are good , I used with portable tank
My next move is to put more gas in tank and til boat up in front , it could be pick up tube , all in all a beautiful boat , thnks for sticking with me.

Reactions: Zebulon

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hey dennisg01
I felt the need to tell you what happened . I put more fuel in boat and raised bow . Kept pumping primer bulbs but nothing ... disconnected gas line at primer bulb motor side , so if gas does flow will fill water separator .hooked up hand pump to pb and pumped like sh__. Finally got fuel up .
So either air bound or not reaching pick up , in spring will check pu, just need a joy ride for now . Thnks again for acknowledging my post .. Duke

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
It was with both engines , got rained out today so tomorrow I will check again to make sure fuel is staying in bulbs also bulbs got nice and firm ... ran each engine 15 - 20 min just to make sure it was flowing and not just using the fuel I pumped up into separators...thnks