2000 Marlin buying New Electronics Garmin

Boxster964

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I believe the Garmin 8610xsv is the model with the 24fathom radar dome.
But really stuck on transducers looks like opinion varies between installing up to 3 transducers to get all of the different types of depth finder capabilities of this unit to work. I am looking for info on the dead rise I believe its 19 degrees and best location of thru hull transducer for a Garmin fish finder.

1 transducer on either side of the "V" $1400.00,and another off the transom $400 to $600 and a 4th Panoptic $499. for inshore wreck fishing. Crazy amount of money for Transducers. If you have a better choice of equipment don't hesitate to speak your mind!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I just took delivery of the 942xsplus. It has all those sonar and radar options. I don't do a ton of bottom fishing , so for me sticking with my 1kw shoot through the hull airmar on 50/200khz is enough. If you bottom fish a lot all those ducers I suppose are worth every penny. The panoptix stuff is amazing tech. I can only imagine what a decade from now will produce! If I had the coin to add that hardware I just might because it's just cool tech . Sorry my post provided little value to you.

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Although I use Lowrance, recommend the 1K in Hull Airmars. It was the hardest thing to see 2-4" holes cut into the hull, but I am happy with them, but Marlin has great spots made for them. Even good with holding bottom running. I have the High/Wide, and the High since fishing typically 250' max. Also have the Scan ducer on transom, and glad I did since there was no Temp on the Airmars.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have the GT52-TM (transom mount) on my Scout and mounted it on the starboard side. I can tilt the motor up and get good side view to port, but the starboard detail is always better. Having one on each side might be nice, but not worth it in my opinion. We fish mostly in less than 75 feet and side view gets less useful the deeper you get IMHO. That transducer does excellent as a simple CHIRP down view as well, although I have a shoot thru AIRMAR also, but hardly ever us it. Don't have a lot of need for PANOPTIX, not worth the price for us.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
I need to just hire a consultant to tell me what to buy, lol! My stuff is 16 years old and still works, but would love to upgrade...