2000 Marlin - Need Livewell

Humote

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 Marlin (3rd owner) and the original owner took out the livewell. Does anyone know where I could find a GW parts yard? I want to re-install a factory livewell but the original supplier to GW went out of business. If I can't find a factory livewell does anyone know of a company that makes replacement/retro livewell for the Marlin?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I do not know of any places off hand. But, if it was me, I would first find out (whether by perusing online owner's manuals or contacting Grady) how many years that particular livewell was used for the Marlin and whether or not it was used in other models as that will increase your chances of finding on. Next, I would start looking on ebay and contacting marine salvage yards - google should help for that.

Humote

Reaction score
Thanks DennisG01. I have contacted GW and they will not tell me who the vendor was for the livewell, just that they are out of business. I have called a few salvage yards but GW's are boats that people re-power instead of trashing. I can't find any yards that have GW's at them. Also, I think my configuration was from 99 to 03 but I am still trying to confirm this.

From looking back in the catalogs, model years 1995-2001 look to be the same.

Rangoonb

Reaction score
Can you post some measurements? I'm cutting up an older GW hull and taking it to the dump. Never know, but the livewell is still in place and hasn't been cut into pieces yet. Just a shot in the dark.

Humote

Reaction score
Rangoonb, I will take some measurements tomorrow (Friday) and post them thx for checking! I have attached a picture of the space where it goes, not sure if that helps?

Rangoonb

Reaction score
The picture came out too big to see on my screen but gave me the general idea and I do have one of those just need to see if it's big enough, size does matter LOL

Humote

Reaction score
Sorry about that upload, maybe this one will be better?

Attachments

• 20150707_085617.jpg
    20150707_085617.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,689

Rangoonb

Reaction score
Thank you, that picture worked great. Sorry but the one I have is a rectangle measuring 12" x 24 3/4" by 11 3/4" deep. It doesn't have the rounded front as pictured. Just thought I give it a try. Happy hunting. I'm re doing an older GW and was able to find a boat just 2 numbers after mine serial number wise, a stroke of luck but real helpful as every part almost is an exact match.

Humote

Reaction score
Rangoonb..... The opening is 22.5"x18" but I appreciate you trying! Sounds like you have an awesome project going on, good luck and thanks again!