2000 to 2006 Gulfstream design

biggarfish

Reaction score
I will be purchasing a Gulfstream for my fishing charter operation sometime before next spring/summer and am in the process of doing some research. I assume the hull design has remained the same over the 2000-2006 period, correct me if I'm wrong. The other thing I would like to know is what kind of cosmetic/layout changes were made as well. In particular if the stern deckspace was changed in any model year. Also what about the cockpit area including the instrument panel (I like the model year where they changed the dash to begin to accommodate "flush mounted" GPS and fish finder electronics). Any pro's or cons for a particular year would be appreciated and yes I will only be buying one with twin 150's minimum. Thanks guys.

billyttpd

Reaction score
06 or 07 brought the addition of the stern fishbox and folding seat prior to that a seat was molded into the stern with a hatch to access mechanicals. same Sea Vee 2 hull though

biggarfish

Reaction score
Thanks Billy. With the new stern fish box addition for those years is it removable and what is located beneath it? Any issues with water intrusion into the new compartment?
Any comments pro/con on the new folding seat versus the molded stern seat? And out of curiosity is there now added deck space because of the folding seat (i.e. has the distance from the stern gunwale to the stern facing seats increased)?
Rick