2001 Marlin Windshield wiper hose

Muzza76

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I just recently purchased a 2001 Marlin. There was a few deferred maintenance things that I am trying to clean up as a I go from previous owners. The systems in general are all in pretty good condition and the hull was really good.

Anyway, I was trying to get the fresh water systems all running. The rear shower wasn't functioning so I just replaced that. Well once I put that in and pressurized the system I found the hose to the windshield is leaking.

I pulled the motor and everything out and found that it must have never worked properly as the hose was pinched under a spacer that eventually cut through the hose.

Does anyone know where this hose is T'ed back into the fresh water line. And how is water pumped to it as it looks like it would be running all the time.
The pipe is pretty bad so I was going to replace it but cant see where it goes and if it is even accessible.

Any help is appreciated.

Looking forward to posting up some pics soon.

PDX-Boats

Reaction score
Mine goes to a knob below the steering wheel. It's a little white plastic thing. Placement is odd to me but who am I to question GW?
Turning the knob on will show fresh water to spray on the windshield while the fresh water system is pressurized.

Muzza76

Reaction score
You are 100% correct. Thanks for the heads up.

On the 2001 marlin it is off to the side near the cup holder but once you mentioned what it sort of looked like it I found it easily.
As the system was not turned on I didnt know what that knob was for and now I do.

The other good news is I think I found my steering leak while I was under there from the back of the steering so now that is next on the list as it has a very slow leak in it.