2001 Tournament 223 - Water System ?'s

Jamo

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 223
Hi All - new to this forum and new to my Grady 223 Tournament so I appreciate the help. My main question is where I can go to find specs on a GW from 2001. I've looked everywhere it feels like. For my BW Dauntless I could access specs, parts diagrams, etc. Does this exist for GW boats older than 10 years old?

Right now, I'm trying to understand my water system. We have a washdown, and my understanding is that this is saltwater. There is also a small faucet / hand shower behind the helm that activates when I press the "Water pressure" button. Mostly glycol / antifreeze came out when I tested it. Is this also salt water? I do not have any sort of cap or indication of an onboard fresh water tank.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Look on the front of the helm passenger seat pedestal, for a large silver cap, just like the gas cap, that says water. Tank is under the forward deck, between helm seats, in aux fuel compartment.

edit: Sorry, I thought I read 228, but it might be the same system.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
First, you can download a manual for the boat at www.gradywhite.com You can also register as the new owner.

You have two separate systems. The faucet behind the drivers seat is freshwater. If it's spitting out antifreeze it's because it was winterized. Look for a silver cap that says water on one of the pedestal cooler bases, and you can fill it with fresh water from there.

The raw water washdown will have a connection at the stern of the boat for a hose. That one pumps water in from outside the boat. If the pump is running but no water is coming out, make sure the seacock is open.