2002 282 livewell and washdown hose replacement

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Anyone ever had to tackle this job? My original black rubber hoses are cracking and probably starting to leak. Access is miserable for almost any job on a 282. How bad is this? I was considering just farming this out to my local marina. I had them do the scupper hoses and they did a great job for a reasonable rate.

Boosted1

Reaction score
I have a 272 sailfish. Very similar but I do know your livewell is a little different. Access to all the hoses aren’t really that bad on mine. I have an inspection port where I believe you have your battery switches, behind there access to the bottom hose. Then for the two side hoses on the tank I have access to those by taking out the little panel that the wash down valve is attached too. Once the hoses are off the livewell you can unscrew it and remove the entire thing. With that out, for me anyway, I can reach and/or climb in the hole to change all the hoses. I believe grady used 3/4” wet exhaust hose on both the livewell feed and wash down. The drain i want to say is 1.5”

On another note, how did the marina replace the scupper hoses on the starboard side? I’m assuming they cut an inspection plate somewhere?

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a 272 sailfish. Very similar but I do know your livewell is a little different. Access to all the hoses aren’t really that bad on mine. I have an inspection port where I believe you have your battery switches, behind there access to the bottom hose. Then for the two side hoses on the tank I have access to those by taking out the little panel that the wash down valve is attached too. Once the hoses are off the livewell you can unscrew it and remove the entire thing. With that out, for me anyway, I can reach and/or climb in the hole to change all the hoses. I believe grady used 3/4” wet exhaust hose on both the livewell feed and wash down. The drain i want to say is 1.5”

On another note, how did the marina replace the scupper hoses on the starboard side? I’m assuming they cut an inspection plate somewhere?

Actually no, the smallest guy they had slithered his way in far enough and got to them. I was stunned. Ended up being a pretty great job if u ask me.

Boosted1

Reaction score
Haha awesome. I have everything apart and wondered myself if I could squeeze back there. I’m just afraid if I get stuck then what.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That guy should post his name and contact info here!

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That guy should post his name and contact info here!
The marina that did the work is in Edgewater, MD, Abell Custom Marine. I think Brad was the one that got assigned the job, absolute ninja getting in there. They don’t do outboard work but they do everything else and man do they know their stuff. If I get in a jam with a job they are where I go.