2002 282 switch panel New Wire

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Does anyone know what the top row of breakers is for? The rest seems pretty simple. I am doing a new panel with new wire marine and they suggested adding another block somewhere. Where? I don’t know, as there isn’t a ton of space. It looks like crap and the switches themselves aren’t reliable 100% of the time so that’s why I’m wanting to do it.
3E6A9D02-2C14-44BA-BDD8-5A85ABCEDFF6.jpeg

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'm asking about the very top row, there are no corresponding switches, my electronics guy hasn't taken it part and feels like they must go to something. I've never had one pop to identify anything, probably a good thing.

seasick

Reaction score
I haven't a clue. I would need to see the back. There are 14 switches with 14 breakers and that makes sense. There are 6 unknown breakers . On one of my boats I have more breakers than switches and those breakers feed other circuits and common buss bars for accessory feeds like electronics, some lights etc.
I am curious. Let us know what you find out.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I haven't a clue. I would need to see the back. There are 14 switches with 14 breakers and that makes sense. There are 6 unknown breakers . On one of my boats I have more breakers than switches and those breakers feed other circuits and common buss bars for accessory feeds like electronics, some lights etc.
I am curious. Let us know what you find out.
I pulled the access panel from inside the head to get a look at the back of the switch panel. Looks like only the the two top and left are used. The rest must be for expansion purposes. I don’t see me adding any additional equipment so I may ditch them, or hang onto just one extra. Anything I do add will be a replacement for equipment currently on the boat. The struggle will probably be fitting all this in there as it’s tight. Also, none of this mess is my handiwork.AF50DA1F-F391-4C89-A311-599F2725667E.jpeg

Captain Crunch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Kuoyuh 98 series are on my 2001 sailfish

Attachments

• 98 breaker.jpg
    98 breaker.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 5

seasick

Reaction score
I cant be certain but it looks like the top circuits are fed from the leftmost center breaker labelled ACC. If so, they are accessories feeds that often are fuse blocks and not breakers.
I would also add that the wiring was done very well. I expected a rats nest and was pleasantly surprised.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I cant be certain but it looks like the top circuits are fed from the leftmost center breaker labelled ACC. If so, they are accessories feeds that often are fuse blocks and not breakers.
I would also add that the wiring was done very well. I expected a rats nest and was pleasantly surprised.
Thank you, great to have people on here that know this stuff better than I do. The panel itself is very neat, the pile below is a bunch of stuff that was added after the boat was built, some of it dead in place, which i really should remove. Every time I cross something off of my project list it feels like I add 2 more during the process.

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
The wire arrangement on the panels is good and robust. It’s all the wire routing that goes from there that is a mess. It’s hard to chase, it’s hard to clean, it’s bundled with sharp zip ties and typically all the insulation is full of tape residue. I have replaced a lot of wires just for cleanup