2002 330 Express Bow Thruster.

Fido

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am adding a bow thruster to a 2002 330 Express.
I will be installing the circuit breaker emergency stop switch in the same location as the circa 2006 models.
Is there a clear path to get the cable forward to the thruster location?

HMBJack

Reaction score
Look at your boat's schematics as to the rigging tubes. Mine is on page 8-30 (2006 model).

From the battery box, the 0000 Red cable goes to a 300 amp fuse holder. Then the 0000 Red goes up the port side rigging tube to mid ship and it goes to the starboard side and then forward. Along the way here the 0000 Red connects to the emergency shutoff switch which is in the lower starboard side helm area on my boat. I guess this is why the 0000 Red doesn't follow the path up the port side like the 0000 Black cable.

The 0000 Black cable simply runs straight up the port side rigging tubes.

Fido

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. At first glance it looked difficult to see the cable path forward from the emergency stop location.
does the rear berth headlining need to come down to access the location of the emergency stop button?

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I used this Battery switch to kill the thruster if needed
I put a group 31 in the storage area under the v-birth with its own small charger, ran lighter cables back to the motor to charge while underway. pluged the charger into the TV outlet behind the fridge
I wired from the battery to the remote battery switch then to the fuse for the thruster then out to the thruster. The remote switch is on my dash(very Small) and a light cable goes from the switch to the battery cut off. Easy job, got the idea from New England Bow Truster

HMBJack

Reaction score
does the rear berth headlining need to come down to access the location of the emergency stop button?

I do not think so.

I think the cable goes low port to SB through a rigging tube down there, then vertical up to the SB side of the helm area (down low by your feet) near the water heater.