2002 F225 Trim/Tilt Motor DB Electric

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Anyone ever used these? About 1/5 the cost of the Yam replacement, i'm not expecting the same exact quality but then again it's not exactly the same price. Mine is corroded beyond belief. it was bad when i bought the boat a few years ago and i've nursed it along by painting it every year but i think the time has run out.

Boosted1

Reaction score
So when I bought my boat it had a trashed trim motor that didn’t work. I couldn’t see spending nearly $700 for the oem Yamaha one so I tried the Sierra version. It worked awesome till about mid October where it died a slow death. After some research, I stumbled upon db electric and decided to give it a shot. I got the new motor off Amazon a couple of weeks ago and plan on testing it out this season. We shall see how it goes. I did buy a 3 year warranty thru Amazon just in case.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
So when I bought my boat it had a trashed trim motor that didn’t work. I couldn’t see spending nearly $700 for the oem Yamaha one so I tried the Sierra version. It worked awesome till about mid October where it died a slow death. After some research, I stumbled upon db electric and decided to give it a shot. I got the new motor off Amazon a couple of weeks ago and plan on testing it out this season. We shall see how it goes. I did buy a 3 year warranty thru Amazon just in case.

Good to know, i wasn't too worried about a warranty at this price, it's more about the hassle to haul the boat and deal with changing it out. Yamaha rips you on these things, because they can...

captain swag

Reaction score
Arco motors are very good quality and MUCH cheaper than OEM.

georgemjr

Reaction score
"I'm not expecting the same quality" You may get better quality. Some of those OEM Yamahas rusted out like they were made out of tin. I am a huge OEM guy but couldn't justify it in this application. Aftermarket all the way.

mez

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I replaced mine last spring with a DB Electric motor. Spray painted it Yamaha grey. It worked great. We'll see how long it holds up.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I replaced mine last spring with a DB Electric motor. Spray painted it Yamaha grey. It worked great. We'll see how long it holds up.
I decided to buy DB. I’ve primed and painted it. I was very very thorough. We will see when I can finally get the thing installed though. I’m currently in a bind unable to get the unit out. The bolts are made of glass and I already snapped one with about 2 pounds of pressure.
FB68E9B4-21B2-4FA3-8FAB-B6F1ECDECB6A.jpeg