2002 Sailfish 282 Questions

anothertoy

Reaction score
Earlier this year I moved up from a 1995 Adventure 208 to a 2002 Sailfish 282. It's been a steep learning curve figuring out this new boat and I have a few questions that I'm someone can help me with..........

When it rains I get water in the forward bilge area by the forward pump. I've been trying to figure out where this water is coming from but I've been stumped. I've found a couple of sources; washdown hardware and a small leak in the water system but when it rains the bilge always has some water in it. Any suggestions?

The literature that came with the fridge is not very detailed. I assume it only runs on 12V. How much does it draw and do I need to be worried about running my batteries down if I am trolling with one of the engines? What about if I am anchored overnight?

The space between the helm seats is very narrow for most people to get between. Is this supposed to be so narrow? Has anyone done anything like move the seats slightly or ?

Thanks for any advice.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a 2004 - can't help with the forward water situation. It could be form the anchor line opening if it iis a driving rain. The frig has a pretty good baterry drain. If I go out to fish for a few hours I will turn the frig off by the know in the upper right interior corner. I have done this and had the live well running and I have not had a battery issue. The Frig will stay cold for several hours with the door shut.
I have the same situation with the helm chairs. It is even worth if you have replaced the discolored arm rest with the rubber version, They llok great but the rubber grabs anything it touches. I tried bending the arn rests in but ir did not move to easilly. I ve learned to live with it. Other than that it is a great boat.

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
i removed the arm rests from the seats-makes it easier to pass by the helm.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
see below

anothertoy said:
Earlier this year I moved up from a 1995 Adventure 208 to a 2002 Sailfish 282. It's been a steep learning curve figuring out this new boat and I have a few questions that I'm someone can help me with..........

>>> Congrats. My second boat was a 1997 272. Very nice boat.

When it rains I get water in the forward bilge area by the forward pump. I've been trying to figure out where this water is coming from but I've been stumped. I've found a couple of sources; washdown hardware and a small leak in the water system but when it rains the bilge always has some water in it. Any suggestions?

>>> check the caulking of the pulpit and windlass (if you have one).

The literature that came with the fridge is not very detailed. I assume it only runs on 12V. How much does it draw and do I need to be worried about running my batteries down if I am trolling with one of the engines? What about if I am anchored overnight?

>>> I recommend a dedicated house battery for the electronics. GW installs cranking batteries but I replaced my house with a Nautilus deep cycle.

The space between the helm seats is very narrow for most people to get between. Is this supposed to be so narrow? Has anyone done anything like move the seats slightly or ?

>>> The port bench makes it a bit better but that tight squeeze was one of the few complaints I had with the Sailfish.

Thanks for any advice.