2003 265X switches

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Hello,
I am in the process of having New Wire Marine redo my dash, gauge panel and switch panel. I am not able to see the covers on the switches to replace them. I have a few that appear to do nothing. I went to Grady customer service with my HIN and they do not have the diagram for my specific boat. I’m wondering if I have a fuel sender switch. Does the 265 typically have this as one of the 10 breakers within the helm panel? I’m going to get to the boat early this week and can check my color chart for wires but was hoping to get some thoughts in advance. Thanks everyone!

seasick

Reaction score
If you have two tanks you should have a sender selector switch. This switch will not have a breaker though since it is the gauge that powers the circuit.
If your gauge is working or at least seems to be working it may be easy to find the switch. Assuming that both tanks do not have the same gas level, look at the gauge with the power on and one by one, flip each switch to the opposite direction and wait about 30 seconds. If the fuel gauge changes, that switch is the sender select.
Some switches will be obvious also such as nav lights, cabin lights, spreaders if present and pumps if they work

Go to this link to see the owners manual, ON page 24 there is a switch layout but it shows 12 switches.

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Mine has a switch on the panel for "main" and "aux" fuel tank. But now isn't used since the repower.

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here's the wiring info for a 2004 265- perhaps this will give you what you're looking for.

Attachments

• 2004 265.pdf
    27.3 KB · Views: 8

seasick

Reaction score
Mine has a switch on the panel for "main" and "aux" fuel tank. But now isn't used since the repower.
I assume you have two tanks. Can you explain how you get the levels for both tanks? I guess you have new instrumentation for the zukes. Do they display fuel levels for both tanks? I am not familiar with Suzuki instruments at all.

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
So you think that the first position switch is the fuel sender? It doesn’t have a breaker. I just assumed it was one of the ones that doesn’t work. Thanks!7E586514-C122-4A58-AC68-D3DFE45C226C.jpeg

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I assume you have two tanks. Can you explain how you get the levels for both tanks? I guess you have new instrumentation for the zukes. Do they display fuel levels for both tanks? I am not familiar with Suzuki instruments at all.
Zuke gauges can connect up to 4 tanks. They can display them individually and display a bar representing all tanks. They also put the tank levels out on the N2k bus so you can see them on your MFD. Thats said, the gauges aren't any more accurate than the senders...

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
i just got the proofs from New Wire marine. Thinking about having a couple/few switches on the right side of the helm, “gauge panel” I guess we can call it. One of which could be this fuel sender switch. since There is no breaker currently, and I don’t believe that it goes to the fuse panel ( unless this is my mystery wire) does it need to be protected? Is it currently on-off-on as in main tank-off- aux tank? Just wondering which rocker that I need and where I have to send the wires.

thanks!!!

seasick

Reaction score
To function as a tank sender select switch, the switch itself has to be a SPDT type. It requires three wires to work. The common terminal goes to the gauge and the two other terminals connect to the two sender signals (from Main and Aux sender)
There is no power connection and no ground needed for the switch and gauge to work.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
If I remember it was a SPDT wired as an ON/ON or A/B selector. There was no 'OFF" position. As seasick says, the center pin goes to the gauge and the switch position chooses which tank sendor to put on the Yamaha gauge.

You have two new Garmin 1243s? IMO, get two NMEA 2000 Fuel Level adapters (Navico is the cheapest I think $85. No need to buy Garmin at $200)

Once on your N2k network, you can read both tanks on either 1243 and see total also. Forget the switch and the crappy Yamaha switched gauge it sucked anyways.

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thank you all! My 2005 Yamahas do have the white connectors with the blue white wire. I am hoping that I can pull some data from them via Nmea but not sure yet. According to the serial number they should not be command link ready but I am going to test. If so, definitely running to the Garmins. the gauges are being reused in the New Wire panels.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Oh can you have multiple tanks connected to command link plus?. Maybe that puts them on N2k. The you don't need the N2k Fuel adapters and you don't need the switch.