2003 330 Express

Mr. S

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hi All,
Recently purchased a 2003 express, I have three separate questions. First I want to slowly upgrade to LED lights, starting with anchor and the side bow lights, any recommendations on what everyone has used would be greatly appreciated. I think the Attwood 3800 series looks like an exact fit but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Second question is rod holders. Looking to add rod holders, preferably to the hard top so they are out of the way. Would love to hear or see what everyone has done, seems to be the only thing I think they overlooked in the design of the boat. Final question is the helm chair, has anyone replaced theirs? Just seems to be a little big for the space. Is there a seat that fits on the current pedestal with fold bolster? Sorry for all the questions, I upgraded from a 24CC so I'm a little overwhelmed but absolutely love this boat, she's a tank! Thank you in advance for any info. Hope everyone has a great summer, tight lines!!

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Congrats on the purchase, you''ll love the boat. Hate to do this, but the LED question can be answered here with a search - there are a couple of options - I've gone with replacement bulbs for the recessed lights from superbrightled dot com, and for other lights found recommendations for outright replacement (reading lights, courtesy lights, Spreader lights, nav lights, all around light) I did not bother saving what I did unfortunately, but got all the ideas from others further down the path from me.

A rocket launcher on the hard top is good in theory, but i'm not 6'11" nor do I have arms like Kevin McHale, so I've not bothered. Best bet is to touch base with the original supplier for OEM option and see if you can get one. Other option is to have a local person weld one up for you. If you go that route, think about having it offset lower to make it easier to reach. I'm adding a few clamp on holders to the rear tower legs to address the issue.

Sauza45

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 271
Not sure if this is something you are looking at but try birdsallmarine.com for the rod holders.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats. I also have a 2003 that I did quite a lot of refitting to. re: rod holders, I added 2 regular gunnel holders in between the factory ones, 3 on the transom (it's a tight fit with the engines tilted up, but works), and 4 more (2 on each side) clamp on holders on the hard top support pipes in between the factory ones. I was going to add hard top holders, but I'm way too short to reach them (and I'm not even that short).

Reactions: nodima

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Congrats. I also have a 2003 that I did quite a lot of refitting to. re: rod holders, I added 2 regular gunnel holders in between the factory ones, 3 on the transom (it's a tight fit with the engines tilted up, but works), and 4 more (2 on each side) clamp on holders on the hard top support pipes in between the factory ones. I was going to add hard top holders, but I'm way too short to reach them (and I'm not even that short).
No affiliation, but check out rodgaff.com - I have one and it works great.

isurus22

Reaction score
I bought my rocket launchers from G and W marine. They ship anywhere. Just bolted them right to the top.