2003 330 Vinyl Cockpit Trim

Bayhouse

Reaction score
The flexible trim that hides the cap from the deck has peeled about half off and it seems to have shrunk as well. I'd like to replace and found a few related threads, but couldn't find a source for the material. I know others have done this, can anyone point me to a source?

cockpit trim.jpg

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I think I used double sided exterior Scotch Extreme tape. It held well, but they get moldy and dirty pretty quickly. I should have used 303 or similar to seal after the acetone. Probably put it on my do list to redo the acetone and seal with something,

Reactions: Zebulon

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Last edited:

GW Miami

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I replaced all of the vinyl trim on my 1999 Sailfish, with the original product sourced from Barbour Plastics. I had to buy a entire 105 foot roll, as they don’t sell it by foot. I’m keeping the extra material left over, for the future inevitable replacements I will need.

I also got the original style rub rail from the same company. I believe I spoke with Mark.

Hope this helps.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I replaced all of the vinyl trim on my 1999 Sailfish, with the original product sourced from Barbour Plastics. I had to buy a entire 105 foot roll, as they don’t sell it by foot. I’m keeping the extra material left over, for the future inevitable replacements I will need.

I also got the original style rub rail from the same company. I believe I spoke with Mark.

Hope this helps.

Do you recall what you used for adhesive??

GW Miami

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Forgot to mention, that when I removed the older vinyl strips, I removed all the left behind residue from the previese adhesive backing and cleaned everything up with good old acetone, to ensure the area was ready to receive the new strips adhesive backing.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the source. Do you remember what the specs/name of the trim you bought? They sure have lots of choices and I didn't see a match with a cursory look.

GW Miami

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
This is what I ordered:

F8252 = Flexible Trim with VHB tape / Creme / 105' coil

Bayhouse

Reaction score
This is what I ordered:

F8252 = Flexible Trim with VHB tape / Creme / 105' coil
Awesome, found it on their web site and sent an inquiry about purchasing. Did you find this to be an exact match as the profile looks to be a little different than the product on Ebay?

GW Miami

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
It was an exact match to what was found on my 1999 Sailfish.

Ask to speak with Mark, as he was very helpful and knowledgeable with older Grady trim specs in general.

I found them through this forum and with direct recommendation from Grady themselves. He has old stock of some hard to find stuff.

Good luck.

Reactions: Integrity Marine

teaklejr

Reaction score
I made contact with Barbour, they put me in touch with Integrity Marine Corporation, their distributor.

https://www.integritymarinecorp.com/product-page/f8252

It's available in the 105' coil (@$2/foot total is $210) like GW Miami says. I think I only need about 10'. I'd be happy to cut and share at the same unit price plus shipping for anyone who needs some?

I would be interested in getting some, I would be willing to split the cost if you wanted to do that or just get about 50 feet. Whatever way would work will be fine with me.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
I would be interested in getting some, I would be willing to split the cost if you wanted to do that or just get about 50 feet. Whatever way would work will be fine with me.

Great! I'll try to contact them tomorrow and place the order. I suppose I could cut them up into 10' sections and sell on eBay for an outrageous sum....Nah, not my style. I'll be back in touch.