2003 marlin repower

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
east coast Mass. everything up here is insane more .I know some guys up here run there boats south and got 6 to 8gs less in price.
I just don't have the time or trailer, for that. I can get mechanical for 49gs but that's with2 yr warranty commercial.
I'm kind of surprised that in almost the year 2023 that more boat/outboard dealers don't have mobile mechanics that they can send to you for a re-power considering, that not everyone has a trailer.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
east coast Mass. everything up here is insane more .I know some guys up here run there boats south and got 6 to 8gs less in price.
I just don't have the time or trailer, for that. I can get mechanical for 49gs but that's with2 yr warranty commercial.
Looks like you have done your homework and know what is out there. I get it. Some have time and no money. Others have money and no time. If you are lucky you have both and can shop. In your case the money is well spent to save time.
Keep us posted on the new Hondas. I've owned a lot of their products and have always been impressed. These recently updated 250's will be no different. Just make sure you have it in writing to exchange props a time or 2 to get things dialed in.

Reactions: Halfhitch

Nail-it

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I'm kind of surprised that in almost the year 2023 that more boat/outboard dealers don't have mobile mechanics that they can send to you for a re-power considering, that not everyone has a trailer.
that would be nice but cost would be insane. there are a few guys that do mobile service.

Nail-it

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Looks like you have done your homework and know what is out there. I get it. Some have time and no money. Others have money and no time. If you are lucky you have both and can shop. In your case the money is well spent to save time.
Keep us posted on the new Hondas. I've owned a lot of their products and have always been impressed. These recently updated 250's will be no different. Just make sure you have it in writing to exchange props a time or 2 to get things dialed in.
will do, I am going to runs motors this season then do repower next winter. Honda 2024 motors come out in July. talked with dealer give deposit then.an yes I was thinking same thing on props. when I repowered my 24 offshore with new Mercury they used some computer program, got it right on money.

Reactions: family affair

Fishtales

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the boat when complete. White engines correct?