2004 273 Chase

islandfly

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions abouot a 2004 273 with twin 225 Yamaha's on it. Were there any issues with this vessel for this year? Anything specific we should be looking at?

Thanks,

Capt. Rolando A. Reyes
"Someday Came Fishing Charters"
Indian Rocks Bch, Florida

TunaT

Reaction score
273 Chase

I'll be glad to share the good points as well as the bad....I have an 04 with t/225's so we are talking about the same boat. First of all, grady never installed a plate to mount the radar on or anything other then a few antennas on the t-top. I had to purchase a special made stainless frame for that purpose. CC's have limited storage...common to all CC, nothing new there, Batteries are located behind the bulkhead wall, with a small access panel just big enough for battery to pass thru, makes removing, installing batteries difficult. When you open the forward boxes, the snaps come undone and you must reconnect so you don't have blowing around. Which windlass controls were installed at both the cc and at the bow. Fish box, can be a bite small, with only a 42" opening, sometimes a good sized tuna doesn't fit......Thats what I found I would want to change in the future......as far as things to look for on that boat......first of all get a survey, of course as a boat captain that is a given I'm sure, Check the gas gauge make sure the recall has been completed (sending unit).....Compression on the cylinders for sure, should be part of survey, but I like to double check, lower unit lube. I've heard of a few people having issues with the pump for live well, check that also. Also, check the fuses on the panels, you need to look in the hole the batteries go thru, its up above them, I've found I need to replace each season, due to salt air getting to them.....Overall, its a great boat, I have almost 500 hrs on mine and total enjoy it

islandfly

Reaction score
Thank you TunaT for the information, there are a couple of them in my area that have caught my eye.

Capt. Reyes