2004 GW Marlin 300

Marlin30

Reaction score
Website
www.tunavisionsportfishing.com
I was able to detach the Port side and all it read was Yamaha 26' . So I assume 26 feet. So far all I've gotten done is getting it detached, tied a string onto ends and pulled through stern tubing down into bottom of hull. Going to order new cables today and finish Port side first, then do Starboard as I always do things in pairs with my 4 strokes.
Will keep everyone posted as to progress as this is my first time doing Throttle cables.

Thanks

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just pulled the all four throttle/shift cables on my 2005 Marlin. I took about 2.5 hours to do the whole job. I had a boat mechanic (I assisted) do it but the pull was one of the the easiest he has ever done. Make sure you go int on the starboard aft cabin and cut the tie wraps (remove the access panels) on the cable bundle to get the cables to move. We pulled forward form the binnacle. Use the teleflex extreme cables. It feels like a new boat with fly by wire shifting. Extremely smooth.

Marlin30

Reaction score
Website
www.tunavisionsportfishing.com
Got the Teleflex cables...about $60 a piece. pulled new cables through like a breeze. Hooked up to binnacle, no problem. But gettling the other ends through tubing in the stern and hooked up to engines has been a nightmare. May need a mechanic at this point. :hmm

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
PM me and I will be happy to give you my number.
If you want to call I am happy to try and help. I am not sure where you are in the process.

Rob