2004 journey trailer measurement

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2004 258 a few hours away from me. Looking to buy a trailer and forgot to take bow eye to transom measurement when i was there. Anyone have it ? Thanks!

seasick

Reaction score
Don't know for sure but if I had to guess, I would thing about 24 or there abouts.
Someone on this forum who has a 258 on a trailer just needs to post the model number and you should be able to look up the specs for their trailer

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
Yup that would work too. Having tough tine finding a used trailer

seasick

Reaction score
Yup that would work too. Having tough tine finding a used trailer
Once you get over 22 or 23 feet used trailers become a lot harder to find, In addition, the prices increase dramatically. For a decent trailer for a 25 footer, you will be looking at $ 2000 and up, way up. It's also hard to know how decent a used trailer is especially if galvanized. Those tend to rust from the inside out.
I have been looking for over a year for a deal and haven't found many choices under $1700 and those often not only need work but have no papers. In some states like mine (NY) registering without a title is very hard to do.

Gizmolvr1974

Reaction score
Yup im in ny too. New trailers are around 5k with a 8-12 week wait of you have to order. Hopefully something will pop up

seasick

Reaction score
Sometimes you can find a boat and trailer where the owner just wants everything gone. Usually there are no papers. So you get a trailer and a boat that now you have to get rid of. In NY it is difficult to get rid of a boat except for some outfits who will cut it up and put in in dumpsters and that is expensive. In addition you have to remove all fluids and tanks. You may need to pull the motors too. Bottom line is that it isn't a deal even for free. Other states may have easier ways to junk a boat.
At one time years back, one of the NYC Sanitation dumps was taking boats for a small fee but you had to have a signed over registration.
In the past it was somewhat common for owners looking to get rid of a hull to intentionally sink them. NY had so many sunken hulls washing up that they started to salvage them and get the HIN number. That led them to the previous owner who then got a VERY expensive fine for illegal dumping

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Recently purchased a 2004 258 a few hours away from me. Looking to buy a trailer and forgot to take bow eye to transom measurement when i was there. Anyone have it ? Thanks!
Pretty sure GW customer service can tell you.
I'd give you my numbers, but my hull is slightly different and I'm not sure if they moved the bow eye. For some reason it is very high on a 248.