2004 Sailfish Vent Window

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Has anyone with replaced the side window vents recently. Grady does not have them. I could not find a replacement manufacturer to produce one. Thanks in advance for any tips

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi Legend,

Maybe this can be helpful. It will cost dearly.... George at Marine Glass Specialties in FL.

Update-Called Taylor Made, and then called Grady to get the part number. The boat is too old so there was no way for Taylor to locate the exact parts I need, but the person I spoke with referred me to George at Marine Glass Specialties in Florida. They bought a lot of older Grady Parts from Taylor.

Phone numbers for who ever needs them down the road:
Taylor Made (518) 773-0636
Marine Glass Specialties (813) 926-3717

George knew exactly what I need. The price is extremely steep, but I still will go ahead and order the new glass, hinge, and vent pull from him.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi Legend,

Maybe this can be helpful. It will cost dearly.... George at Marine Glass Specialties in FL.

Update-Called Taylor Made, and then called Grady to get the part number. The boat is too old so there was no way for Taylor to locate the exact parts I need, but the person I spoke with referred me to George at Marine Glass Specialties in Florida. They bought a lot of older Grady Parts from Taylor.

Phone numbers for who ever needs them down the road:
Taylor Made (518) 773-0636
Marine Glass Specialties (813) 926-3717

George knew exactly what I need. The price is extremely steep, but I still will go ahead and order the new glass, hinge, and vent pull from him.
Thanks Leecoll, , I will give George a call at Marine Glass tomorrow.

Reactions: leeccoll

Greyduk

Reaction score
Legend, I replaced the vent window in my 248 when I got it. I ended up with an extra piece of glass. I have had it for sale in the classified section. In the ad it shows the dimensions of the piece of glass. Take a look and if it will do for your application we can work out a deal.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Greyduk,
I saw that and thought the same thing. I took your diagram and measured it against my other window and it is a smaller window than what I need. I thought I got lucky with it. Thanks for the tip though.

Greyduk

Reaction score
Legend, for whatever it's worth I had the piece of glass made at a local glass company. I removed the glass from the side that was not broken and used it as the pattern. I'm sure you will find a solution. Good luck.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Maybe check a few auto glass guys, they may be able to do something or at least make a recommendation?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks everyone, Ended up doing what Greyduc did, usied the other window as a template and then had a fabricator recreate it from a digital template. Still not cheap though, cost $295 for a small vent window!

Reactions: leeccoll

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
AKA "Safety Glass :eek:

Good stuff Legend!

Last edited: