2005 228G Seafer, New Guy

Doug Mixon

Reaction score
Just picked up my new to me 2005 228G Seafer, 225 Yamaha 4 stroke. 58 hours on the boat. Southeastern Marine in Richmond went over it and just a couple of very minor squawks and the seller agreed to correct. I was told it has never been in salt water. I went to Gloucester Point, York River first thing this morning and ran her for about 2 hour. She ran great with zero problems. For the past 2 years I have been fishing in my 2007 Key West 2020 CC with a Yamaha 4 stroke (for Sale), The Grady 2 X the weight as the Key west, and I love how it handles the chop, great power and smooth. Hope to fish in it next weekend.

JiminGA

Reaction score
Congratulations! If you have ANY questions about it, just ask. You'll love it!

If you haven't already, let Grady White know you are now the owner of that hull number - just so you have their support - they are ALWAYS available to answer questions. Just call customer service.

Enjoy your ride!

Doug Mixon

Reaction score
Thanks Jim for the information, I will call Grady this week and get it registered.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Welcome to the Grady family and the forum...that is a nice boat and what a find...just 58 hours on a boat that is 6 years old! That motor is practically new! I hear it is a nice boat :wink: This is a great forum with a great group of folks to lend advice...

moccq

Reaction score
Greetings,

You mentioned calling Grady to regiester the boat..can you explain more on that, you are registering the HIN with Grady as the new owner..and what about the engine ( do you reg that with Yahama - how it that done)..just curious as to what benefits that brings ..is there any warrenty left over etc..

Thanks

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Registering the hull with Grady lets them keep track of the boat and perhaps help you with the boat if there is structural problem. The motor is likely out of warranty and not sure registering anything with Yammaha helps you or not.