2005 330 Express upgrades

twin yams

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Just did some upgrades this season and thought I would share.
Stereo upgrade- Fusion Apollo deck with (6) 6.5” JL audio speakers (2 in the hardtop, 2 in the cabin and 2 installed in the cockpit), (1)10” JL sub in seating area, highs powered by a JL 400 watt amp, sub powered by JL sub amp. Stereo sounds incredible in my opinion.
Hardtop rocket launcher, custom fabricated by Penweld (Sayville, NY). Had it dropped down and ”into” the cockpit a little bit so we can comfortably reach the rods when offshore (forgive the ripped flag in the pic, new one being installed tomorrow). Absolutely love it and had him tie in the center rigger backing plate into the fabrication (and changed the rigger angle to match the outriggers).
Changed the rocker switches on the dash, very nice cheap upgrade.
Also changed the rubber pole/ brush holders under the gunnel (cheapest upgrade this year, lol).

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0670.jpeg
    IMG_0670.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sweet! I did my rocker switches this season too on my '03. My recent upgrades included replacing my 20 year old generator with Mastervolt 2000W inverter system (love it), a front-facing lightbar and some some very wide angle spreader lights from BlackoakLED,

Love the rocket launcher - I might even be able to reach those!

Quick question: where did you get the replacement rubber bungee material for the under gunnel rod holder? A few of mine have broken...

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have an '04 and I think I copied you. I did the nearly the exact same stuff. It's a sickness, I feel like I can't stop lol

twin yams

Reaction score
Model
Express 330

Sweet! I did my rocker switches this season too on my '03. My recent upgrades included replacing my 20 year old generator with Mastervolt 2000W inverter system (love it), a front-facing lightbar and some some very wide angle spreader lights from BlackoakLED,

Love the rocket launcher - I might even be able to reach those!

Quick question: where did you get the replacement rubber bungee material for the under gunnel rod holder? A few of mine have broken...
Thanks, I specifically had the launcher dropped down and into the cockpit a little bit so it could be reached while standing on the Icey Tek cooler without struggling too much. I didn’t have to replace the bungee’s, I only changed the actual round rubber discs that hold the brushes, gaffs, etc.
I would call a Grady dealer for the bungee’s, they can get just about anything. Sounds like you did some nice upgrades too.